Celebrate Canada’s 150th in Niagara Falls
I’m excited to team up with Radisson hotels again to celebrate Canada’s 150th. This year is a great year to travel across Canada and what better destination to celebrate Canada’s 150th than Niagara Falls. I’ve been to Niagara Falls many times and included tips on spending New Year’s Eve in Niagara Falls. Canada day in Niagara Falls is also an iconic celebration. With events running all day in and around the city and wrapping up with an amazing fireworks show, what’s not to love!
Love the Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls
If you want to avoid the crowds, high parking costs and traffic, I suggest staying overnight at a hotel. The Radisson Niagara Falls is an excellent choice as it is located up on Clifton Hill, steps from Fallsview Casino. We had a fantastic room with a peek at Canada’s Horseshoe Falls. I can’t tell you how relieved we were to just walk up to our hotel room after the fireworks to relax.
There is so much to do and see in the area near the hotel including:
- Fallsview Casino
- Niagara IMAX Theatre
- The Niagara SkyWheel
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Journey Behind the Falls
- Downtown Niagara Falls
- Marineland (10-minute drive)
- Nightmares Fear Factory
- Whirlpool Aero Car (10-minute drive)
- Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens/Butterfly Conservatory (10-minute drive)
Be sure to sign up for their Carlson Club Reward Program
You can earn more points with Club Carlson rewards program featuring over 1,000 hotels worldwide. Learn more about the rewards program here at the Radisson Hotel website.
- Faster Free Award Nights: Starting at 9,000 Gold Points® with no blackout dates on standard rooms
- More Points: Earn 20 Gold Points per dollar spent on eligible hotel nights and meals and beverages charged to your room at participating hotels
- Free Internet: Members enjoy free internet at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide
- Elite Rewards: If you stay often you will earn an Elite membership and enjoy exclusive benefit options, including complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout
- Express Awards: Redeem your Points for in-room hotel awards such as movies, laundry credits, room upgrades and more
Plan your trip at a Radisson Canada hotel and save on a future two-night stay (12% off) visit Radisson.com/canada150 for details.
Tips for Spending Canada Day in Niagara Falls
If you are not spending the night in Niagara Falls for Canada day, then the following tips will help you plan your day. The most important tip: ARRIVE EARLIER IN THE DAY to avoid traffic. Remember Parking will be expensive and the closer to the Falls you park the more expensive it will be. I prefer parking at the IMAX theatre parking lot up on Clifton Hill. This is a popular parking lot at the Falls, so make sure you arrive earlier in the day. Be patient getting out of the lot, it does get jammed up, and traffic out of the city will be jammed after the fireworks.
Canada Day Fireworks at the Falls
- Held at 10 PM in Queen Victoria Park.
- Arrive early to get a spot along the railings at the Falls and up on Clifton Hill.
- Dress for the weather
- Pack a bag of water/snacks the stores/fast food outlets at Fallsview get crazy busy, and you will have to walk up and down the hill for refreshments.
- Be prepared for line-ups. The Tim Hortons down at Falls level will be packed and if like previous visits during holidays there will be a line up to get in as they can only allow a select number of people into the restaurant.
- Bathrooms are located next to the Tim Hortons at the bottom of Clifton Hill.
- Keep your eyes peeled on the Skylon which may be projecting some special Canada Day love!
Radisson Hotels Giveaway
Radisson wants you to celebrate Canada’s 150th; ONE Dream Travel Magazine Facebook fan will receive a ONE-night stay certificate, picked at random. See contest details below.
One (1) Radisson e-voucher, redeemable for a one (1) night stay at any Radisson hotel in North America (some conditions may apply).
HOW TO ENTER
Entering the contest is easy just follow these three steps:
- Like Dream Travel Magazine on Facebook.
- Visit Radisson Hotels here where you can find out more about Radisson Hotels throughout Canada and get a discount on your stay.
- Share our pinned contest Facebook post. Let us know which Radisson hotel in Canada you would like to visit and tag @Radisson when you share the post.
- Contest open to Canadian and US residents 19 years of age or older.
- One entry per person.
- For an entry to be valid, the contest participants must be a Fan of Dream Travel Magazine on Facebook and have shared our contest Facebook post and tagging @Radisson.
- Contest ends July 6, 2017, at 12:01 AM EST.
- The winner will be announced July 7, 2017.
- The winner will be randomly selected from the shared Facebook post and contacted via Facebook.
- If the winner cannot be reached within one week of the draw, a new winner will be chosen.